Search National Knives Blog

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Spyderco Caly 3.5 Sprint Run with Aogami Super Blue Steel Blade

Spyderco Caly 3.5, 3-1/2" Super Blue Steel Blade, Gray Handle C144GPGY
I really like this knife!  The Spyderco Caly 3.5 Sprint Run with gray G-10 handle and Aogami Super Blue Steel blade is home run in my opinion.  There are some of you that don't like the color of the handle, being a lighter shade of gray, you feel as though this particular color is prone to show more dirt and I won't argue with you as it probably will.  If I was keeping this knife in the safe or as part of a collection and was concerned about getting it dirty, I could relate, but if I am carrying this knife on a day to day basis, then I would expect it to get dirty and if it didn't, then I would know that I don't need to carry a knife at all as I am not using it. 

This knife comes wrapped in a corrosion preventing paper wrap as the blade is not 100% corrosion resistant, in fact, it will "tarnish" as time goes by and some fans of this knife have been purposely "tarnishing" the blade as some feel it adds to the beauty of the knife.  I would suggest you visit some knife forums and get some suggestions and ideas on how to go about it and what to expect. 

The name of the steel used to manufacture the blade on this knife, as mentioned earlier, has nothing to do with the color of the blade.  When the steel is produced it is wrapped in paper that is blue before being shipped to be made into knife blades, etc. and that's it, nothing more to it and nothing less.\

National Knives has these in stock and ready to ship.  They are a great buy at $145.99 + shipping (starting at $3.99 for USPS Priority).

Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment